Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by edward yoon <ed...@udanax.org> on 2008/03/18 13:02:40 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Hama Proposal

Dear Incubator PMC,
I've updated the Hama project proposal. Please review/update as needed
and report back any concerns.

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HamaProposal

Hama has a strong relationship with the hadoop, hbase and mahout
project, so i discussed about become a sub-project of these project
for a long time with the each community. However, The sub-project was
beset with difficulties. Hence the list of committers, etc. And now we
all agree that the Hama should aim to general purpose rathen than it
becomes a specified piece in something.

http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created%3A-%28MAHOUT-16%29-Hama-contrib-package-for-the-mahout-to15998717.html

If you think this will make a good ASF project, please encourage our
team members to create the world's largest matrix computational
framework.

Thanks.
B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Hama Proposal

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

On Mar 18, 2008, at 8:02 AM, edward yoon wrote:

> Dear Incubator PMC,
> I've updated the Hama project proposal. Please review/update as needed
> and report back any concerns.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HamaProposal
>
> Hama has a strong relationship with the hadoop, hbase and mahout
> project, so i discussed about become a sub-project of these project
> for a long time with the each community. However, The sub-project was
> beset with difficulties.

What's the issue w/ Hadoop sub project (I already know the Mahout
discussion)?  Do you have a mail thread reference?  I'm not trying to
push anything on the Hadoop PMC, but this logically seems to fit there
in my mind as a subproject, but I suppose it could be a TLP as well.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Hama Proposal

Posted by edward yoon <ed...@udanax.org>.
> Do you have a mail thread reference?

> This seems small enough in scope and so tied to Hadoop that it seems
> like it should either just be part of one of the hadoop sub-projects or
> at a maximum, a hadoop sub-project of it's own.

http://www.mail-archive.com/core-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg00136.html

But, i much talked about it via private e-mail.
They gave me a welcome, However, They also all share the need to make
incubation progress.

Thanks,
Edward.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.