Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sonny Sukumar <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/12 08:58:57 UTC

Jumping within sitemap?

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to jump from one place
in the sitemap to another.  I made up the following
code, but it's basically what I'm aiming to do:

<map:match pattern="checkout">
  <map:act type="is-logged-in"/>
    <!-- Customer is logged in, so proceed to first
         checkout step -->
    <map:jump jumpto="customer-info-entry"/>
  </map:act>

  <!-- Customer isn't logged in, so jump to login
page. -->
  <map:jump jumpto="customer-login"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="customer-info-entry">
  <map:generate src="customerInfoEntry.xsp"/>
  <map:transform src="someTransform.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="customer-login">
  <map:read src="customerLogin.html"/>
</map:match>

It's like calling a function/method in a programming
language, and it thus supports reuse of factored out
code.

Does it make sense?

Please let me know how we can do it! :-)

Thanks,

Sonny

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: Jumping within sitemap?

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
> I'm wondering if it's possible to jump from one place
> in the sitemap to another.  I made up the following
> code, but it's basically what I'm aiming to do:

Have a look at <map:redirect-to>
By default it redirects the browser, but used in conjunction with the cocoon
pseudo protocol like:

<map:match pattern="a">
    <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/b"/>
</map:match>

 it performs an internal "forward"

HTH
Guido

RE: Jumping within sitemap?

Posted by Idhaya Chandran <id...@coreobjects.com>.
I think u can achieve this using selectors.
You can have ur custom selectors.

--Idhaya

RE: Jumping within sitemap?

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Sonny,

if a client-side redirect would do, try redirect-to, like in:

<map:act type="is-user-logged">
	<!-- logged user stuff -->
</map:act>
<!-- un-logged user stuff -->
<map:redirect-to uri="doc-stale.html"/>

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

RE: Jumping within sitemap?

Posted by Josema Alonso <jo...@simbiosystems.com>.
Sure. You just need to use the cocoon:/ protocol.
See info about Protocols at:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html

Best.