Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Derek Cordon <de...@coss.com> on 2006/09/28 17:48:53 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_aspdotnet

Hello,

Our company is using Apache HTTP Server 2.0.52 along with the
mod_aspdotnet-2.0.0.  Our application requires .NET Framework 1.1, so we are
encountering issues when a PC has .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  Awhile back
I found a pre-release version of the mod-aspdotnet
(mod_aspdotnet-2.0.0.2003-snapshot-rev280885) that allowed me to add an
additional line in the httpd.conf file of "AspNetVersion v1.1.4322" that
would force the module to use the 1.1 Framework.  However, since it was a
pre-release version we have been waiting for an official release to start
using it.  I just checked on the status of that module this morning and I
now see that the "...mod_aspdotnet module has been retired by the project".
So now I am wondering what I need to do to get our application to work with
.NET and Apache.  Anyone know why mod_aspdotnet has been retired?

Thanks

Derek

Re: [users@httpd] mod_aspdotnet

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Derek Cordon wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Thanks for the response.   I am pleased to hear that it has not been
> retired.  Can you give me any indication of when an update will be
> officially released that will allow me to control the .NET Framework version
> that is used?

Not by the ASF.  You can certainly use the unreleased build 2004 since this
will be the exact basis for the one and only final release using VisualStudio
C++.NET 2002 at the new sourceforge home.

The entire thing needs to be refactored for VS.NET 2005 and that is no small
undertaking.  I have more pressing issues in front of me so there's no date
estimate right now.

[users@httpd] Use own login page possible?

Posted by Marcus Yu <my...@tuckerenergy.com>.
Hello,

My site uses Apache 2.0.53, PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 5.0.18 on Fedora Core 3. The .htaccess file is used to control access. There is a default
user name, password login page for signing in to Apache server. Through that, PHP_AUTH_USER and PHP_AUTH_PW will be set. Is that possible
I use my own php login page and set PHP_AUTH_USER and PHP_AUTH_PW, get rig of the default login page?

Thanks,

Marcus

RE: [users@httpd] mod_aspdotnet

It is in-transistion, not retired.  You can find some transitional,
unreleased binaries at http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/aspdotnet_moving/
which (once
rebranded) will land at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-aspdotnet.

Yours,