Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2006/09/27 18:29:39 UTC

Multimodule builds with same-named sub-modules

Hi everyone.  I have two projects which are modules of a parent project.
These projects have modules that are named the same.  When run separate,
the builds for the projects work fine.  However, when run from the
parent, "[INFO] Project 'a:a' is duplicated in the reactor" is produced.
Here is what I have
-Parent
	-pom.xml
	<module>A</module>
	<module>B</module>
	-A
		-pom.xml
		<module>a</module>
		-a
			-pom.xml
	-B
		-pom.xml
		<module>a</module>
		-a
			-pom.xml

I tried defining the modules with relative references to the parent to
avoid duplicate module definitions, but this did not solve the problem.
Please suggest what I can do.  Thanks.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Multimodule builds with same-named sub-modules

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander

Your problem does not belong to where are exactly located your
projects on your filesystem.

Your problem is that you have define two projects with the same
groupId and artifactId.

In maven there must be unicity between a project and it name
which is composed on groupId, artifactId and version.
(not sure for the version)

To correct your problem, please modify the sub-sub-projects artifactIds.

Hope this helps.

Raphaël