Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by maarten hartsuijker <ma...@entrapment.apeldoorn-fs.pinkroccade.lan> on 2001/07/16 11:00:12 UTC

ajp13 dies unexpectately

we have been running tomcat 3.2.2 with apache, mod_jk and ajp13 support for
about 3 weeks now. In those weeks it has died 2 times unexpectately and the
only thing the mod_jk.og is showing me is a jk_ajp13_worker.c (586)]: Error
connecting to the Tomcat process.

With a netstat I can see that 8009 is not up anymore, so both times I have
issued a shutdown and a start. That works but (ofcourse) I'd rather not have
this problem at all.

Anyone had this before and, better yet, found a solution?

kind regards,

Maarten Hartsuijker

Re: ajp13 dies unexpectately

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
How many threads have you specified as max_threads in your PoolTCPConnector
for ajp13 in your server.xml file? If you haven't done this, and you're
running a reasonably high load, you should take a look at the minimal TC
user's guide here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

The last example at the bottom of the page shows how to configure
max_threads, max_spare_threads, and min_spare_threads for the
PoolTCPConnector class. Tomcat doesn't react gracefully if the max_threads
number is ever reached and exceeded. I believe the default max is 50
threads. If you're getting more than 50 concurrent connections, you need to
raise this number or you'll have problems.

Thanks,
--jeff

Posted by Michael Lai <mk...@netfront.net>.
Just curious, what version of apache are you using?  I am trying to get
tomcat 3.2 to work with apache 2.0 but I couldn't compile mod_jk.  It
says something like it couldn't find http_global_conf.h.

Regards,
Michael.