Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Søren Blidorf <so...@nolas.dk> on 2006/11/01 14:22:37 UTC

HTTP Status 408

Hi I am trying to setup my webapp.

I am using:
MS windows server 2003
Tomcat 5.5.20
MS SQL server 2000

I am trying to setup realm

I get a login error when the username or password is wrong but when it
is correct I get the following error

HTTP Status 408 - The time allowed for the login process has been
exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and
re-click the link you requested or close and re-open your browser

--------

type Status report

message The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you
wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link
you requested or close and re-open your browser

description The client did not produce a request within the time that
the server was prepared to wait (The time allowed for the login process
has been exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back
twice and re-click the link you requested or close and re-open your
browser).

I really need help. Any info is greatly appriciated

Re: HTTP Status 408

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Søren,

> I get a login error when the username or password is wrong but when it
> is correct I get the following error
>
> HTTP Status 408 - The time allowed for the login process has been
> exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and
> re-click the link you requested or close and re-open your browser

This might happen if your session isn't found when you try to login.
This might be caused by cookies being disabled, but the session if not
being encoded in your "login" URL (i.e.
"/j_security_check;jsessionid=ABCD...").

Otherwise, there are two possibilities:

1. You really are exceeding the session timeout before logging in
   (unlikely).
2. The session is not being found for some other reason. Maybe you
   have a proxy or load balancer something like that dropping the
   cookie?

-chris