Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/22 13:54:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] Need for 0.17.2 patch release?

In light of ARROW-8860 and perhaps some other critical bugs that have
been reported, and since our releases have been going more smoothly,
what do people think about doing another patch release in a week or
two?

Re: [DISCUSS] Need for 0.17.2 patch release?

Posted by Joris Van den Bossche <jo...@gmail.com>.
Just from judging by the actual bug (nested data support in Feather is
indeed a new feature, but it's also one of the key highlights of that new
feature), I personally think it would be worth doing another bugfix release
(at least for C++ and dependent packages).
Of course, our release process is quite complicated .. So taking that into
account as well, I have a less strong opinion.

Joris

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.