Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Sanket Gaykar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/26 05:51:33 UTC

Import hive metadata in kerberized atlas

Hi,

We have kerberized atlas setup on dedicated instance. Hbase (Kerberos) is
used as a storage backend. Whereas hive metastore uses simple
authentication.

Properties set for kerberos in atlas-appication.properties:

atlas.authentication.method.kerberos=true
atlas.authentication.keytab=/etc/atlas.keytab
atlas.authentication.principal=atlas/<FQDN>@<REALM>

While executing import-hive.sh on hive cluster we get error:
"Authentication is enabled and user is not specified. Specify user.name
parameter"

We also found properties atlas.authentication.*method*.keytab
atlas.authentication.*method*.principal in *AtlasAuthenticationFilter*
class.

Can someone please tell what should be the values for this properties?

Re: Import hive metadata in kerberized atlas

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
>>Does hive atlas hook also uses this kerberos properties while importing
>> data from metastore?

Yes

Posted by Sanket Gaykar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nixon,