Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com> on 2002/01/11 09:49:55 UTC

RE: [vote] POI commiters (was: RE: [vote] Accepting donated POI s erializers/generators)

> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:barozzi@nicolaken.com]
> > From: "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Should the authors (Marc Johnson and Andrew C Oliver I
> believe are the two
> > people of note) of POI get CVS commit rights?
>
> POI development cycle is *very* fast.
> I've been working with them for some time, and IMO they
> should be able to
> commit on their own.
> If they cannot, you will have to deal with loads of daily patches ;-)

*GRIN* That was my reason for emailing - I've seen their commit rates too :)

J.

of this email.

Re: [vote] POI commiters (was: RE: [vote] Accepting donated POI serializers/generators)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
"Morrison, John" wrote:

> > From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:barozzi@nicolaken.com]
> > > From: "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com>
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Should the authors (Marc Johnson and Andrew C Oliver I
> > believe are the two
> > > people of note) of POI get CVS commit rights?
> >
> > POI development cycle is *very* fast.
> > I've been working with them for some time, and IMO they
> > should be able to
> > commit on their own.
> > If they cannot, you will have to deal with loads of daily patches ;-)
> >

> *GRIN* That was my reason for emailing - I've seen their commit rates too :)

:) yeah, POI is any day on the top 10 sourceforge most-active projects.

In a few months, those guys will probably *rewrite* Office in java :)

At the same time, only Andrew is subscribed to this mail list and
follows Cocoon development. Mark wants to remain focused on POI itself.

So, I'd suggest to add commit access to Andrew only and see what happens
next. Andrew, what do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.