Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <gy...@laserlink.net> on 2000/06/28 14:48:03 UTC

[new module] Apache::Regex

Hi all...

	I posted to the list a little while ago a simple regular expression
PerlHandler implementation.  I've cleaned it up since then and thought I
might post it to CPAN if there is any interest.  I was thinking of
Apache::Regex as the release name.  I know it's a basic module, and people
who need the functionality usually do it themselves, but...

	Apache::Regex accepts PerlAddVar directives and applies
s/$change/$to/eeg the requested HTML file on a line by line basis.  Features
include: Apache::Filter aware, accepts multiple change/to pairs, only tries
to process HTML files.  It requires mod_perl 1.24.

	While overhead intensive, a I originally wrote it for a friend who
wanted to be able to use a js enabled page in a plaintext version of the
site without having to maintain two pages.  Since the plaintext page
requests are minimal, the added overhead is negligable.  I guess I can see
it as also being an easy way to migrate a site when a company changes names
once a week :)

	Anyway, the pre-release can be seen at
http://morpheus.laserlink.net/~gyoung/modules/Apache-Regex-0.01.tar.gz

	constructive comments welcome