Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/09 02:14:12 UTC

json extract functions

hey good people,

what is the likelihood of a "json_extract" type function being available in
phoenix any time soon?

i was thinking the json would be stored in a vanilla varchar but here on
the roadmap (http://phoenix.incubator.apache.org/roadmap.html) i see it
discussed as a separate datatype.

and speaking of which if the first sentence on that page is still correct
by my calculations everything preceding the json line item (#7) i think is
done.

could that mean that json is around the corner? :)

thanks,
Stephen.

Re: json extract functions

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback, James.

re: step in and help.   Would if i could but i aint no java programmer
unfortunately.  I'd be happy to lend any other support, say, testing or
something but actually writing the code to drive this would not be me.

lets wait to see if any other java dudes have a requirement for json then.

Thanks,
Stephen.

Re: json extract functions

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.