Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sipos Gabor <g_...@freemail.hu> on 2006/03/24 10:16:18 UTC

some messages does not seem to get to spamassassin

Hello everyone,

I'm  a  newbie here, so please forgive me for asking n00b questions, and
also,  I'm  not  sure whether this is a SA question, but I have to start
somewhere.

My   setup is: debian/sarge 3.1, amavisd-new, spamassassin 3.03 (I think
so)  and ClamAV. The system is a relay-only server which relays all mail
defined as relay_domains in postfix to my 'real' messaging server.

The  problem  is:  some  of  the  messages (actually spams) seems to get
through  without  even  been  touched by spamassassin. Most of these are
text-only  spams,  and  they don't  even get scored. If I copy the whole
message  to a text file on the server, and then run spamc < messagefile,
it   DOES  get  a score (bayes_99, actually the score is 7.0 or higher).
The  same  effect  when I run spamassassin and copy the whole message to
stdin  (score  is  pretty  much  the  same).  Also, I've noticed that in
amavisd's  reports  there  is  nothing  about  the bayes score, only the
standard spamassassin scores are listed.

Where  to  start looking?

thanks everyone
Gabor Sipos

Re: some messages does not seem to get to spamassassin

Posted by Craig McLean <cr...@fukka.co.uk>.