Posted to users@maven.apache.org by yogesh badkas <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/30 12:45:09 UTC

can we write ant script to extend the goal

 is it possible to write the ant script instead of java program
  to extend the goal ?

  --yogeshB

---------------------------------

Re: can we write ant script to extend the goal

Posted by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/05, yogesh badkas <ba...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  is it possible to write the ant script instead of java program
>  to extend the goal ?
>
>  --yogeshB

Ant scripts are basically automation of what you invoke in the command
line thus you cannot really extend something using plain Ant scripts.
Ant tasks on the other hand are Java objects so you can extend/use
some Maven features in your custom Ant tasks as specified in
http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html . If you just want to call Ant
scripts in Maven then you can find more information on the following
links:

   http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-ant.html
   http://docs.codehaus.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=39385

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else