Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 04:40:06 UTC

Writing XOM directly?

Hello-

I am hoping to return DDMS results within an abdera feed.  Since DDMS has
lots of complexity, i found a library that takes care of most of it for me:
http://ddmsence.urizone.net

This will give me an XOM (http://www.xom.nu) Entry that I want to return
with the feed Entry...  any thoughts on the best approach?

I can:
1. try to map everything to abdera constructs (difficult)
2. try to write the XOM directly when serializing.

For option 2, I can override:

 void writeTo(OutputStream out)
and spit out the XML string directly.  This works, but seems rather hackey
given all the other possible 'write' options.

any thoughts on this? before I dig myself too deep a hole!

Thanks
ryan