Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/11 03:23:00 UTC

Re: Is it correct that master runs on a datanode?

Hi Cristina,

The YARN framework decides which node the different processes run on.
Nowadays, the application master is considered just another YARN process
and its not bound to a particular master node the way an HDFS name node
would be. The application master is transient, managing the lifecycle of
each YARN job you run (Hadoop, Giraph, anything) and then cleans up and
goes away when the job is completed.

Hope that helps,
Eli