Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Justin Wyllie <ju...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2010/08/17 12:42:33 UTC

AuthorizationType for gadgets.io.makeRequest

This is just a request for guidance:
can anyone tell me what the difference is between SIGNED and OAUTH?
What kind of request does SIGNED make?
Thanks
Justin

Re: AuthorizationType for gadgets.io.makeRequest

Posted by Robson Dantas <bi...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Signed request, container will sign your request using oauth mechanism.
Server will need a public key in order to validate the request
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Validating_Signed_Requests

<http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Validating_Signed_Requests>OAuth
request, you will use oauth mechanism to fetch data, and you will need to
pass some variables like
OAUTH_SERVICE_NAME, OAUTH_TOKEN_NAME, OAUTH_REQUEST_TOKEN,
OAUTH_REQUEST_TOKEN_SECRET.

Regards,

Robson