Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> on 2007/04/02 09:58:26 UTC

Re: setting up environment

Hi John,

John Saylor a �crit :
> hi
>
> i'm just trying to run fop on my linux box. i'm using fop-0.93 [from
> svn] and sun's jdk 1.6u1.
>
> i compiled it from source and i think it went well.
>
> i was trying to use /etc/fop.conf to set the base path so it would find
> what it needs to run and instead i get this:
>
> 1024 $ fop
> /etc/fop.conf: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> /etc/fop.conf: line 1: `<?xml version="1.0"?>'
> org/apache/fop/cli/Main

Actually this file is expected to be a shell script, probably meant to
setup environment variables for the fop script itself.

I suspect this has remained from the old 0.20.5 version, as I can't
think of any use case for the 0.93 one. Indeed it would make sense to
have the normal configuration file there. What do others think?

In the meantime you can apply the attached patch to the fop script to
achieve what you need.

HTH,
Vincent