Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Germer, Carsten" <ca...@desy.de> on 2006/01/06 16:01:20 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyPass trouble, WAS: Can't get "stickysession" to work

ReHi everyone,
I now tried to do it with ProxyPass and ran into another Problem.

Config snip >>
ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster stickysession=_ZopeId nofailover=on
  <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
    BalancerMember http://app1.desy.de:8080/
    BalancerMember http://app2.desy.de:8080/
  </Proxy>
<< config snip

Works good for requesting http://appfront.desy.de/ but when I try to
access http://appfront.desy.de/subpage1.html I get
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /subpage1.html on this server.
Apache Server at appfront.desy.de Port 80

Why doesn't it let me access anything behind "/"? I thought ProxyPass
rewrites everything behind "/" to the balancer?

I am in serious trouble, my already grey hair is beginning to fall
out... ;)

/Carsten

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass trouble, WAS: Can't get "stickysession" to work

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 1/6/06, Germer, Carsten <ca...@desy.de> wrote:
> ReHi everyone,
> I now tried to do it with ProxyPass and ran into another Problem.
>
> Config snip >>
> ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster stickysession=_ZopeId nofailover=on
>   <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
>     BalancerMember http://app1.desy.de:8080/
>     BalancerMember http://app2.desy.de:8080/
>   </Proxy>
> << config snip
>
> Works good for requesting http://appfront.desy.de/ but when I try to
> access http://appfront.desy.de/subpage1.html I get
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /subpage1.html on this server.
> Apache Server at appfront.desy.de Port 80
>
> Why doesn't it let me access anything behind "/"? I thought ProxyPass
> rewrites everything behind "/" to the balancer?

Anything in the error log?

I'd start by adding a trailing slash to mycluster in the ProxyPass directive.

Joshua.