Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian Helfrich <he...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/14 00:30:09 UTC

Elastic Load Balancing Cassandra

Hi, has anyone been able to load balance a Cassandra cluster with an AWS
Elastic Load Balancer? I've setup an ELB with the obvious settings (namely,
--listener "lb-port=9160,instance-port=9160,protocol=TCP") but client's
simply hang trying to load records from the ELB hostname:9160.

Thanks,
--Brian.

Re: Elastic Load Balancing Cassandra

Posted by Dave Viner <da...@pobox.com>.
I haven't used ELB, but I've setup HAProxy to do it... appears to work well
so far.

Dave Viner