Posted to recruitment@openoffice.apache.org by Kim Sayford Wilson <ks...@outlook.com> on 2018/12/15 14:23:18 UTC

new member intro

Hello,

Original questions:
Are you proficient in English?
Do you like contributing to open source projects?

I’m an American online ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with Chinese education companies. I’m American and a native US English speaker and writer. I am used to working, reading, and speaking with people whose native language is not English.  I am also an MBA student majoring in Healthcare Services Management, unofficial “minor” in cybersecurity.

I enjoy working with open source projects, but I am not a programmer or coder. I like contributing to and helping open source projects. I enjoy writing, proofreading and copyediting as a hobby.

Regards,

Kim Wilson

--
 <>ksayfordwilson@outlook.com <ma...@outlook.com>
Skype:  live:ksayfordwilson

WhatsApp:  215-407-3027

Re: new member intro

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Welcome in OpenOffice Development.

Hi we have a lot of tasks that can be done.

Our current activities are a bit focused around pootle at this moment.
Pootle is a tool that helps us to manage content of the software, like
menu names,  tooltips and help sites.

In the past it has been quite difficult to get  language changes into
OpenOffice. We are working to improve the process.

If there are more tasks to do, language wise I do not know. Best you to
get in touch on L10N@openoffice.apache.org, and have a chat, what can
you do. The List is pretty much in lead here.

We have also a Wiki site, which is quite unmaintained. I think the
biggest problem here is to organize interested people. And align them
onto a plan.

If you are interested, maybe we can have a discussion on
dev@openoffice.apache.org. Maybe we find some more people who would like
to get started on this.

Then the next step would be to make a plan. And try to follow it.

All the best

Peter

Re: new member intro

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Kim;

Sorry for the late reply. With the holidays and other personal things I
overlooked your initial e-mail. We are always looking for help with the
documentation for Apache OpenOffice (AOO). If you haven't already I
would urge you to check out our Orientation Module
<http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html><http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html>especially
the documentation one
<http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html>.
Any further Question or clarifications can be answered here or the
documentation mailing list.

Regards
Keith