Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/14 21:01:51 UTC

AttributeOverride to secondary table of entity using mappedsuperclass not honored

I have the following scenario mapping entity to a table:

- a mapped super class that has a field
- a subclass with a pk and a field.
- trying to map all the fields (except the pk (id) ) to a secondary table
(SEC_TABLE2MSC)
  - use @Column in the sub-class to override (name) to the secondary table
  - use @AttributeOverride to override the field (street) in the mapped
super class to the secondary table.

===============
@MappedSuperclass
public abstract class AnnMSCMultiTable
implements IMultiTableEntity
{
    // @Column(table="SEC_TABLE2MSC")
    private String street;
    public String getStreet() {
        return street;
    }
   public void setStreet(String street) {
        this.street = street;
    }
}
===============
@Entity
@SecondaryTable(name="SEC_TABLE2MSC",
pkJoinColumns=@PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="id"))
@AttributeOverrides(
        {
            @AttributeOverride(name="street", column=@Column(name="street",
table="SEC_TABLE2MSC")),
        })
public class AnnMSCMultiTableEnt
extends AnnMSCMultiTable
{
    @Id
    private int id;

    @Column(name="name2", table="SEC_TABLE2MSC")
    private String name;
}
===============

>From examining JPA spec, there is no specific in the @Column and
@AttributeOverride that this should not be allow. So I believe this is a
valid scenario.

Using the MappingTool, the attribute override does not map the street field
to the SEC_TABLE2MSC as I would expect:

CREATE TABLE AnnMSCMultiTableEnt (id INTEGER NOT NULL, street VARCHAR(254),
PRIMARY KEY (id));
CREATE TABLE SEC_TABLE2MSC (id INTEGER, name2 VARCHAR(254));
CREATE INDEX I_SC_TMSC_ID ON SEC_TABLE2MSC (id);

I experiment this a little bit and the only way I can map the street field
to SEC_TABLE2MSC is
to add the @Column against the "street" attribute in the super class. (the
commented @Column in the example).
The expected SQL are:

CREATE TABLE AnnMSCMultiTableEnt (id INTEGER NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id));
CREATE TABLE SEC_TABLE2MSC (id INTEGER, street VARCHAR(254), name2
VARCHAR(254));
CREATE INDEX I_SC_TMSC_ID ON SEC_TABLE2MSC (id);

I tried to create the tables manually using the expected layout, but the
runtime still using the incorrect tables structure. I would suspect the
MappingTool and the runtime are using the same mapping strategy.

Questions:
1) Can someone confirm this is a valid scenario?
2) In AnnotationPersistenceMappingParser.setupColumn() method, where the
@AttributeOverride annotation is process, it does not seems to extract the
table name from the annotation. Can someone give me direction if this is the
place to start looking for a solution? And what/where-else should I be
looking?
3) May be someone has a better idea how to correct this problem!

Thanks.
Albert Lee.