Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by ma...@gerling.de on 2001/08/14 14:35:21 UTC

ANT Soap and EJB's

Inside an ANT script we want to deploy an EJB.
The EJB should be called via an Soap Server.

Now the SoapServer needs a Deployment Descriptor for calling the Bean...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="urn:EnaEJB">
      <isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider"
scope="Request" methods="saveApplication" >

Everytime we place the org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider inside
the type attribute we
get the following error:

C:\Business2Business\gerlingcredit.b2b\soap.xml:39:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid value for type or scope or
methods attribute in provider element of deployment descriptor
--- Nested Exception ---
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid value for type or scope or
methods attribute in provider element of deployment descriptor
 at
org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor.fromXML(DeploymentDescriptor.jav
a:317)
 at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:1
88)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:127)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:260)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:123)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:87)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:898)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:536)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:510)

The documentation proposes the
org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider, but if it is replaced
by java we get no error, but the Bean is not working properly.

Has anyone an idea???

Thanks in advance
Mario Heiss

This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only. Any
form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or disclosure
of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail message and its contents, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this message and all its attachments subsequently.