Posted to user@commons.apache.org by LAURENT Frederic SZSIC13 softeam <fr...@interieur.gouv.fr> on 2003/12/10 17:15:10 UTC

[CLI] UnrecognizedOptionException on simple test

Hello

I am trying to make a simple test working with CLI, but without
success :(
Well, I add an Option (ie "url"), and when I test this command
line

java fooMain -url http://foo.com

an exception is thrown

org.apache.commons.cli.UnrecognizedOptionException: Unrecognized option:
-u

Here some Jython code of what I am doing

 >>> options = Options()
 >>> OptionBuilder.withArgName("url")
org.apache.commons.cli.OptionBuilder@1795327
 >>> OptionBuilder.hasArg()
org.apache.commons.cli.OptionBuilder@1795327
 >>> OptionBuilder.withDescription("an url")
org.apache.commons.cli.OptionBuilder@1795327
 >>> url = OptionBuilder.create("url")
 >>> options.addOption(url)

 >>> test="-url http://foo.com"
 >>> parser=PosixParser()
 >>> line = parser.parse(options,[String(test)])

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "<console>", line 1, in ?
org.apache.commons.cli.UnrecognizedOptionException: Unrecognized option: -u
         at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.processOption(Parser.java:253)
         at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:170)
         at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:114)

then If I remove the '-', no exception is thrown but the result is
null (None in Jython)

None

I have downloaded the zip file available on the jakarta website (1.0),
and so I do not get sources from cvs.

any idea ?

thanks

--
XPath free testing software :  http://lantern.sourceforge.net
Frédéric Laurent                     http://www.opikanoba.org

Re: [CLI] UnrecognizedOptionException on simple test

Posted by LAURENT Frederic SZSIC13 softeam <fr...@interieur.gouv.fr>.
Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Tried --url instead of -url? Normally the single dash is for single
> letter parmater names and the double dash for the "readable" name..
> Not a cli developer / user though..

well I've got another wrong result :( (wich seems to be correct)

 >>> test="--url http://foo.com"
 >>> parser=PosixParser()
 >>> line = parser.parse(options,[String(test)])
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "<console>", line 1, in ?
org.apache.commons.cli.UnrecognizedOptionException: Unrecognized option:
--url http://foo.com
         at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.processOption(Parser.java:253)

According to the documentation [*], if you want a -listener argument you
have to create an option by invoking the OptionBuilder like this

Option listener  = OptionBuilder.withArgName( "classname" )
       .hasArg()
       .withDescription( "add an instance of class as "
                                     + "a project listener" )
       .create( "listener");

[*] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cli/usage.html

Fred

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Tried --url instead of -url? Normally the single dash is for single
letter parmater names and the double dash for the "readable" name..
Not a cli developer / user though..

Mvgr,
Martin

--