Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2007/07/03 21:38:28 UTC

FYI: I described how to write tests for Cocoon

Hi,

I have dumped my experiences with writing (or restructuring) tests for Cocoon both for Avalon components and Spring beans. It took me a
while to figure out all details I included here: http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g4/g1/636.html

I would be grateful for any opinions and reviews. I hope it will help someone.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: I described how to write tests for Cocoon

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Jeroen Reijn pisze:
> Hi Grzegorz Kossakowski,
>
> great peace of work! I have not look at every detail yet, but this seems to me like a very welcome addition to the documentation.

Thanks. I hope that others can join and enjoy the pleasure. :-)

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Grzegorz Kossakowski,

great peace of work! I have not look at every detail yet, but this seems to me like a very welcome addition to the documentation.

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

Re: FYI: I described how to write tests for Cocoon

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Felix Knecht pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have dumped my experiences with writing (or restructuring) tests for
>> Cocoon both for Avalon components and Spring beans. It took me a while
>> to figure out all details I included here:
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g4/g1/636.html
>>
> I haven't tested it yet but I'm happy to see that not only for the
> forms-framework a migrationguide exists (which is heavily used) ;-)

Wow, glat to hear that! It is all encouraging.

> Just from reading the guide:
> In the avalon-part you have a note that it's usefull to use either
> SitemapComponentTestCase or CocoonTestCase from which testcases are
> extended.  Are these 'base' testcases the same which should be used to
> extend spring-managed testcases from? Or do we have another base
> testcase to extend from?

No, you should use the same test-cases to extend from. Only obtaining tested class depends on it's manager (lookup() method vs
getFactoryBean() method). I'll try to clarify this description.

Thanks for spotting this.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have dumped my experiences with writing (or restructuring) tests for
> Cocoon both for Avalon components and Spring beans. It took me a while
> to figure out all details I included here:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g4/g1/636.html

I haven't tested it yet but I'm happy to see that not only for the
forms-framework a migrationguide exists (which is heavily used) ;-)

Just from reading the guide:
In the avalon-part you have a note that it's usefull to use either
SitemapComponentTestCase or CocoonTestCase from which testcases are
extended.  Are these 'base' testcases the same which should be used to
extend spring-managed testcases from? Or do we have another base
testcase to extend from?

Felix