Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Weedy <we...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/13 22:54:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Locales in apache suexec

How can I set the locale to something with UTF-8 instead of the
LANG="C" or "POSIX" it is currently reset to now?

I'm running python2 in fcgid with suexec and I need
sys.getdefaultencoding/sys.getfilesystemencoding to return UTF-8 for
my application.

My system locale is set properly and I pass FcgidInitialEnv LANG
"en_CA.utf8". But I'm guessing suexec is filtering it out, should I
recompile with a modified "static const char *const safe_env_lst[]"?

Thank you for your time.