Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina" <mi...@mail.rktmb.org> on 2004/12/29 11:20:16 UTC

does SA report to razor ?

Hello,
I see that SA checks razor DB. Great.
I guess SA also report spam to the razor DB by default. Am I right ?

--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/

Re: does SA report to razor ?

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 11:20:16AM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:

> I see that SA checks razor DB. Great.
> I guess SA also report spam to the razor DB by default. Am I right ?

No. See the man page for razor-admin.

Rainer

Re: does SA report to razor ?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 11:20 AM 12/29/2004 +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
>Hello,
>I see that SA checks razor DB. Great.
>I guess SA also report spam to the razor DB by default. Am I right ?

Only if you do a spamassassin --report.

SA used to auto-report spam over a threshold, but this feature was removed
at the request of the Razor developers. They explicitly do not want anyone
doing score-based reporting. They only want spamtraps and hand reporting.

The fundamental crux is that if SA did autoreport, then razor would have
the same set of FP problems that SA has.

Also, since SA uses razor, this would be a self feeding problem. One SA FP
on a widely distributed message would quickly get reported by thousands of
SA boxes, jacking up the CF score to the minimum report level. This report
would increase the resulting SA scores for future scans, and even more SA
boxes would being reporting it, until the CF hit 100.

It's kind of like letting bayes autolearn based on bayes scores. Self
feedback is generally not good, one bad sheep quickly snowballs out of control.