Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Faludi Gabor <gf...@allianz.hu> on 2004/02/20 11:41:06 UTC

"How to begin" question of a beginner

   Hi all!

After reading some of the cocoon documentation, examining the previous
posts, and trying to find out something from the binary install of
Lenya, I'm still not familiar with the structure of a publication.
I suppose it can be annoying for most of you, but I'd like to ask for
some help on how may I make a brand new publication.
I have to ask, because I have to make one in three days (the company I'm
working for wants to choose a CMS).

So far I think I understand that a site have to be described in a
sitemap.xmap file, but all the remaining is quite weird for me.

So please someone describe me in some words, how a publication is built
up (which files are involved), and if it can be created through the
editor interface of the default publication.

   Thanks in advance