Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/05/30 19:11:49 UTC

Proxy development...

Did we ever verify this report?

Subject: No content-type is sent in http headers by the Apache proxy
when the CacheMaxExpire value expires.

http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/7669

If it's a bug, is it fixed in the proxy/1.1 patches?

And finally, 1.3.20 is out, the server is stable, all is quiet.  I have no
objection to immediately commiting the http-1.1 proxy .1 code to the apache-1.3
tree, provided that first...

query-pr -i  --state="open" --category="mod[ _]proxy"

Total of 137 PRs found
Reports matching your query: 1 through 100 of 137

are cleaned out!  [And that's just open, another 4 analized and 18 suspended reports.]

Better yet, after integrating the patch, and collecting those some 100 email addresses,
we invite them all back to grab a 1.3.21-dev tarball and get testing :-)

Opinions (other than the nattering nabobs of negativism :-?)

Bill

Re: Proxy development...

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
On Wednesday, May 30, 2001, at 01:11 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Did we ever verify this report?

Nope. I can set up a machine to test one of the cases in a couple of
hours.

> Subject: No content-type is sent in http headers by the Apache proxy
> when the CacheMaxExpire value expires.
>
> http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/7669
>
> If it's a bug, is it fixed in the proxy/1.1 patches?

It's not changed there, AFAIK, so a fix needs to apply here too.

> And finally, 1.3.20 is out, the server is stable, all is quiet.  I have
> no
> objection to immediately commiting the http-1.1 proxy .1 code to the
> apache-1.3
> tree, provided that first...
>
> query-pr -i  --state="open" --category="mod[ _]proxy"
>
> Total of 137 PRs found
> Reports matching your query: 1 through 100 of 137
>
> are cleaned out!  [And that's just open, another 4 analized and 18
> suspended reports.]
>
> Better yet, after integrating the patch, and collecting those some 100
> email addresses,
> we invite them all back to grab a 1.3.21-dev tarball and get testing :-)
>
> Opinions (other than the nattering nabobs of negativism :-?)

Housecleaning begins...

Chuck Murcko
Topsail Group
http://www.topsail.org/