Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Rohan Agarwal <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/21 23:24:42 UTC

Java version compatibility

Hi all,

Starting this thread to discuss Heron and Java version compatibility.
Public JDK 8 releases will no longer receive security updates. Java 11 is
the current LTS version of Java.

Current state of the Heron project is this -

   - Can be built with - Java 8 only
   - Can be run with - Java 8 only

I have opened a few issues to track Java compatibility -

   - https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/issues/3266
   - https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/issues/3267

If anyone has successfully built and used Heron with Java 9+, any help
would be appreciated.

--
Rohan

Re: Java version compatibility

Posted by FatJ Love <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Rohan. The doc looks good to me.

Posted by Rohan Agarwal <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by FatJ Love <hu...@gmail.com>.