Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org> on 2015/11/11 14:26:41 UTC

[EC2] Removing the Image Id from CC Results in instances Spinning in Wrong Zones

Hi Devs,

Noted $subject. When there is no image id in the cloud-controller.xml, the
JClouds template which is build will of default type, which does not have
any zone information. Therefore it will spin the instance in the default
zone, without using the zone selected by partition algorithm. I will come
with a fix and update. Created [1] to track this issue.

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1613

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: [EC2] Removing the Image Id from CC Results in instances Spinning in Wrong Zones

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi Isuru,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Noted $subject. When there is no image id in the cloud-controller.xml, the
> JClouds template which is build will of default type, which does not have
> any zone information. Therefore it will spin the instance in the default
> zone, without using the zone selected by partition algorithm.

Yeah. May be we need to refine the IaaS building logic.We can build the
IaaS at the moment when instances are about to create without maintain them
in the map. Seems maintain in the IaaS map makes some complexity in the
logic.

--

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)