Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2004/02/20 17:29:10 UTC

Moving cvs2svn into its own project.

I think cvs2svn needs to be a separate tigris.org project now.  It's
big.  It's complex.  It's time.

I know Mike Pilato already agrees, and I'm betting that every other
regular contributor to cvs2svn also agrees (they've seen the swarm of
bug reports and questions that have come in on the svn lists in the
past week!).

Objections?

[ Good, I didn't think so. :-) ]

-Karl

Re: Moving cvs2svn into its own project.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> I think cvs2svn needs to be a separate tigris.org project now.  It's
> big.  It's complex.  It's time.
>
> I know Mike Pilato already agrees, and I'm betting that every other
> regular contributor to cvs2svn also agrees (they've seen the swarm of
> bug reports and questions that have come in on the svn lists in the
> past week!).

+1

> Objections?

None.

> [ Good, I didn't think so. :-) ]

:-)

bye,

Erik.

Re: Moving cvs2svn into its own project.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Friday, February 20, 2004 11:41 AM -0800 "Daniel L. Rall"
<dl...@collab.net> wrote:

>> There's been a ton of discussion on the various lists lately about
>> cvs2svn, and as someone who doesn't actually have any cvs repositories
>> to convert, and who doesn't want to understand the deep dark internals
>> fo CVS (i'd much rather concentrate on the deep dark internals of
>> Subversion), I'd love to see that discussion moved elsewhere.
>
> +1

+1.  -- justin

Re: Moving cvs2svn into its own project.

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@collab.net>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> I think cvs2svn needs to be a separate tigris.org project now.  It's
> big.  It's complex.  It's time.

+1

There's been a ton of discussion on the various lists lately about
cvs2svn, and as someone who doesn't actually have any cvs repositories
to convert, and who doesn't want to understand the deep dark internals
fo CVS (i'd much rather concentrate on the deep dark internals of
Subversion), I'd love to see that discussion moved elsewhere.

-garrett

Re: Moving cvs2svn into its own project.

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Objections?

I didn't reply at first because I didn't have any objections.  Now that
everyone else seems to be voting anyway, I can't stop myself:

+1 for complete separation (i.e. repos, mailing list, issue tracker,
                             releases, etc)

/Tobias