Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/06 03:52:38 UTC

Nutch debugging log in Tomcat run time

Hi there,

Is there a way that I could see the debugging info for
a variable value in nutch java code while I run
tomcat?

I mean, I want to see variable value when I do text
search on Nutch after I launch tomcat.

For example, I see a log in my screen of
"
Sep 8, 2005 9:45:13 PM
org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean search
INFO: searching for 20 raw hits
"

But, I went to NutchBean.java, change log to
"
:
LOG.info("test searching for "+numHitsRaw+"raw hits");
:

The change doesn't reflect in the screen after I
re-compile the Nutch code and re-launch the tomcat.

I wonder if it is the right way to see a code variable
value in run-time.
"

thanks,

Michael Ji

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Nutch debugging log in Tomcat run time

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> The change doesn't reflect in the screen after I
> re-compile the Nutch code and re-launch the tomcat.

Do you re-deploy the web app?

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/