Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "VinceB." <wa...@verizon.net> on 2017/01/02 16:57:55 UTC

Re: "McAfee Spam" Folder and "popstate-1.dat" Folder

I have managed to delete both of those folders.

Does anyone have an answer to B. below?

Posted by "Vince B." <wa...@verizon.net>.
Martin:
Thank you very much for taking time to answer
my question.
Regards,
VinceB.

Regards,
Vince

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Posted by Girvin Herr <gi...@fastmail.com>.
VinceB,

I am running Thunderbird 45.5.1 for Linux.  I do not have a
popstate-1.dat "folder", but I do have a popstate.dat file in each of my
email account subdirectories.  The contents are pretty much the same:

# POP3 State File
# This is a generated file!  Do not edit.

So, I would bet that even if you delete this file (folder?), TB would
recreate it.  I am not sure what it does for TB, but POP is a type of
email service and I would expect TB to store the state of a POP
connection in this file.

HTH.
Girvin Herr