Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ian Connor <ia...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 01:15:07 UTC

Quick thanks for all the assistance getting me up to speed

Hi Yonik Seeley, Erik Hatcher and others.

Thanks for all the help fixing the bugs I ran into using the new 1.3
distributed features with rails (shards).

I now have medline fully indexed in 7 solr shards (with 2 spare). Each
server has 8GB RAM and a Quad Core 2.4GHz. As a test, I ran about 2 million
queries over it last night (pubmed gets about 3 million per day) and the
response time was within a few seconds. This was also under write load as
well which made me feel very confidant in the scalability of solr and
lucene.

Ian Connor
pubget.com
Cambridge, MA