Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/08/02 02:30:46 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/index AbstractDocumentCreator.java AbstractIndexer.java

gregor@apache.org wrote:

>gregor      2004/08/01 03:48:06
>
>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/index
>                        AbstractDocumentCreator.java AbstractIndexer.java
>  Log:
>  formatting fixed
>  log.error() is not there for debugging purposes..

I am currently working on this classes and forgot to replace error by debug.

It would be good if you could send an email first before you start
formatting source code, because it would safe me a lot of time resolving
conflicts I received because of your formattting changes.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/index AbstractDocumentCreator.java AbstractIndexer.java

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> gregor@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> gregor      2004/08/01 03:48:06
>>>
>>>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/index
>>>                        AbstractDocumentCreator.java
>>> AbstractIndexer.java
>>>  Log:
>>>  formatting fixed
>>>  log.error() is not there for debugging purposes..
>>>

>> I am currently working on this classes and forgot to replace error by
>> debug.
>>
>> It would be good if you could send an email first before you start
>> formatting source code,
>

> I don't think this is necessary. There shouldn't be any un-formatted
> source code in the CVS

the code was formatted

> . I appreciate it when someone formats it, and
> I wouldn't like having to send a mail first.
>
> Anyway, we don't have code ownership

this is not about code ownership. I don't mind at all if people change
things.

> and asking before changing
> something should IMHO not be required.

it's not about asking permission, but to find out why things are being
done as they are done. Code doesn't tell you the reason, which is a major
problem of coding itself.

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/index AbstractDocumentCreator.java AbstractIndexer.java

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> gregor@apache.org wrote:
>
>> gregor      2004/08/01 03:48:06
>>
>>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/index
>>                        AbstractDocumentCreator.java AbstractIndexer.java
>>  Log:
>>  formatting fixed
>>  log.error() is not there for debugging purposes..
>>

> I am currently working on this classes and forgot to replace error by
> debug.
>
> It would be good if you could send an email first before you start
> formatting source code,

I don't think this is necessary. There shouldn't be any un-formatted
source code in the CVS. I appreciate it when someone formats it, and
I wouldn't like having to send a mail first.

Anyway, we don't have code ownership and asking before changing