Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan Barker <db...@visioncomm.net> on 2004/10/19 15:31:25 UTC

Suggested "Hello" message.

I'm a tiny ISP (/WISP - about 50 users) and I've decided to roll out
Spamassassin to my Email Server (IMail).

Would anybody who has done this please share with me the "Welcome to Spam
Assassin" letter you sent your users?

I'd like to introduce the new system with some documentation about:
 a) What it does
 b) What to do if it screws up
 c) What all you can do to customize it yourself
etc.

Of course, I'll include instructions for using "Rules" on the email client
to sort, delete, whatever. I'll also state that I'll retain the "Spam" for
30 days and then auto-delete, etc.

I'd like to get a head-start by lifting some nice-nice words and
instructions.

System setup: I'll be running SA (3.0.0) on incoming email. If it's likely
spam, it will be deliverd to the user's Spam box rather than their Main box.

Dan Barker