Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2012/03/16 21:36:41 UTC

Graduation Thoughts

Guys,

I've been an absent mentor and am catching up on e-mail.  In looking at VCL it seems like you're kinda past time to graduate.  Kind of like a 26-year-old college Student living at home :)

Thoughts on kicking off the process?

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

A Day Without Nuclear Fusion Is a Day Without Sunshine

Re: Graduation Thoughts

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
I sent my note to get the project kicked in the behind a little.  From what I can see the output of the project is something that has many academic institutions interested, and others as well.  What seems to be lacking is movement in the community to help grow it and actively "work the project" from a community standpoint.  Its been pretty good about doing the must haves like submitting reports and the like but it has fallen short on the build the community aspect in terms of diversity of comitters and such.

Lots of dev activity, lots of JIRAs and different movement showing that work is happening.  At some point, they need to leave the comfort of the Incubator.  I don't want to see a false flurry of activity to get the homework done and I'd hate to see them exit ungracefully.  Its time the community step up, or ....

Re: Graduation Thoughts

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.