Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/10 23:27:35 UTC

[doc] first call for review for http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html is currently a
draft document. i think that it's strong enough to push towards
promoting it (and putting it in the indexes).

please find some time to review this document both editorially and for
content. if you have improvements then please either create patches in
JIRA, make suggestions to the list or (if you have karma) apply the
changes.

- robert

Re: [doc] first call for review for http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Robert,

great document. I like it. I forwarded it to the adf faces / trinidad
podling already ;)

-Matthias

On 8/10/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html is currently a
> draft document. i think that it's strong enough to push towards
> promoting it (and putting it in the indexes).
>
> please find some time to review this document both editorially and for
> content. if you have improvements then please either create patches in
> JIRA, make suggestions to the list or (if you have karma) apply the
> changes.
>
> - robert

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [doc] first call for review for http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi David, Upayavira,

Thanks, I figured it out from the instructions on the site. After I
updated the site it successfully rsync'd to the live site. And now
you can see it too.

Thanks,

Craig

On Aug 16, 2006, at 6:17 PM, David Crossley wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>> Craig L Russell wrote:
>>> Ok, I took the plunge and built the site. I checked in the updated
>>> participation.html page.
>>
>> Then, IIUC, you ssh to people.apache.org, cd to
>> /www/incubator.apache.org/wherever/you/need/to/be, and do an svn up
>>
>> It may then take a few hours to rsync over to the live server.
>>
>> Upayavira, who could be wrong, though.
>
> Correct. First part is explained at:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html
>
> For the rsync, etc. see the link at the bottom to:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html
>
> -David

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [doc] first call for review for http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Robert,

I like it. I fixed a few typos. I don't know how to actually publish
the site, though...

Craig