Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by su...@gmx.de on 2008/12/14 22:00:22 UTC

Adding additional Textinput fields during runtime

Hi there!

Is there a way to add additional Textinput fields during runtime without having specified them all before in Tapestry?

I am working on an Admin interface that allows to add "configuration" values to an object.

E.g. you would see a dropdown box with "parameters" that are available. You can then assign a value to an object....which would result in an additional Textfield for that value.

There is an entity called "Domain" and one called "Value". A value can be anything - could be the language, the country, the character set or whatever. The "meaning" of such a value is achieved by a "Category" that is referenced by a value.

E.g. if you want to add an additional "configuration" parameter to a Domain, you select "Country", then a new "Value" field could be entered (e.g. USA). Then you could choose to add a Value for "Language", then a new text field to enter a language would be displayed.....

The problem is I need to define all Properties in the page before....so how would you handle such a case? To have "unlimited" input fields....that are not all defined before?

Thanks!

Toby

Re: Adding additional Textinput fields during runtime

Posted by nillehammer <ta...@winfonet.eu>.
Hi Toby,
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Loop.html

The example "Forms and Loops Example" might give you, what you are
looking for.
Cheers nillehammer