Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/31 12:59:26 UTC

Support for upgrades from 0.94

Hi,

this is referring to these two issues:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8778>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11611>

I'm still looking for deprecated stuff that can be cleaned up. We have a
file in the code (FSTableDescriptorMigrationToSubdir) that is used to
migrate pre-0.96 table format to the new version. It has an annotation that
marks it as to-delete for the next major version after 0.96.

HBASE-11611 removed the class UpgradeTo96 without removing the hbase shell
command "upgrade" which referred to that class. So that means that as of
2.0.0 upgrades from 0.94 are not supported anymore (If I understand that
correctly).

Are we okay with that? If so I'd like to create a JIRA removing the
remnants and documenting this.

Otherwise we need to partially revert HBASE-11611 and probably adapt the
Upgrade class.

Cheers,
Lars

Re: Support for upgrades from 0.94