Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/25 12:45:34 UTC

timestamp/ttl of a cell

Hi

Can TTL of rows be  set/updated instead of complete column family?
or
Can timestamp version of a cell be decreased ? Aim is to delete some rows
whose timestamp
is set to old values so that it matches TTL of column family if tTL of
row/cell cannot be specified.

Re: timestamp/ttl of a cell

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Very good question. From the shell, I'm not sure this is doable. From the
java API, you will have to use Mutation.setTTL

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ttl

JMS

Re: timestamp/ttl of a cell

Posted by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com>.