Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/24 18:40:08 UTC

New project - DeltaSpike or still CODI?

Hi,

i'm currently planning to start a new project in january, which won't be
finished until end of 2013.
As i would like to use DeltaSpike in the future, it would be great if i
could start with it right now.
Important features for me are typesafe ViewConfig,
View/ViewAccess/Conversation Scopes, Window handling,
EntityManager/transaction handling and injection into JSF/BV artifacts.

Will this features be included in the next release?

Is the window handling feature compatible with the upcoming JSF 2.2? I know
that there already is a myfaces 2.2 branch with window handling.

Best regards,
Thomas

Re: New project - DeltaSpike or still CODI?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi thomas,

almost the whole jsf module should be included. however, there is still a
lot of work to do e.g. because we will align the window-handling with the
api of jsf 2.2 and we have to merge some codi features with seam-faces.
the api and basic behaviour will be similar -> you could use both in
parallel for now and migrate to ds step-by-step.

regards,
gerhard