Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2008/03/10 13:03:07 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite/mod_negotiation/mod_dir interaction and SSI

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:35 +0100, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Hi there,
> Background:
> I'm experimenting with per dir mod_rewrite although this stuff will end
> up in server config finally, this may make a difference. I'm using rules
> like
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule     ^t(.*)/([^/]*)\.en$     -    [E=lang:en,E=brother:$2.de]
> RewriteRule     ^t(.*)/([^/]*)\.de$     -    [E=lang:de,E=brother:$2.en]
>
> in order to define language dependent environment variables which I use
> in SSI. (The ^t is for restricting to test dirs.) The main problem is
> defining the "brother" page, e.g. index.html.de for index.html.en and
> vice versa. SSI can't do this,

I have a similar problem with SSI but why do you think it will not work
with SSI?

I actually never got SSI displaying any variables that I defined with
the E flag. Maybe you refer to this and it is just not possible what I
am trying to do either.

salu2

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite/mod_negotiation/mod_dir interaction and SSI

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 13:03 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:35 +0100, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > Background:
> > I'm experimenting with per dir mod_rewrite although this stuff will end
> > up in server config finally, this may make a difference. I'm using rules
> > like
> >
> > RewriteEngine on
> > RewriteRule     ^t(.*)/([^/]*)\.en$     -    [E=lang:en,E=brother:$2.de]
> > RewriteRule     ^t(.*)/([^/]*)\.de$     -    [E=lang:de,E=brother:$2.en]
> >
> > in order to define language dependent environment variables which I use
> > in SSI. (The ^t is for restricting to test dirs.) The main problem is
> > defining the "brother" page, e.g. index.html.de for index.html.en and
> > vice versa. SSI can't do this,
>
> I have a similar problem with SSI but why do you think it will not work
> with SSI?
>
> I actually never got SSI displaying any variables that I defined with
> the E flag. Maybe you refer to this and it is just not possible what I
> am trying to do either.

No my problem was way different.

Sorry for the noise.

salu2