Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by dlipski <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/31 16:14:02 UTC

testing borders with WicketTester

Hi

Is it possible (if not why?) to test Border components in a way similar to
testing Panels ?  -WicketTester.startPanel(TestPanelSource) ? Its strange
but I cant find corresponding method for Borders.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Lipski

Re: testing borders with WicketTester

Posted by Daniel Lipski <da...@gmail.com>.
I still dont get it, maybe I miss something but I think that borders also
have everything they need to render them selves.
When you provide empty body to border it will render itself and you will be
able to test it (the same way you test panel).
I know that sometimes it will be nesessery to provide some expected body to
border to test it(and then probably you are forced to write some panel/page)
but there are cases when you could test it with some stub, static, hardcoded
body.
I know that now it is possible to test such borders so its not limitation of
WicketTester but it would be conveniently if WicketTester could support
testing borders with some predefined body easiler.
Its not about limitation of WicketTester ,its about providing functionality
to easier test such borders.
What do you think about it ?

I know that it is possible to create a generic panel/page to test borders
but it is also easy to create generic page to work with panels, but despite
this WicketTester provides method to test panels but doesnt provide similar
method to test borders(borders which you could test with some stub body).

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Lipski <da...@gmail.com>.
No, I think you misunderstood me, when I wrote about empty body I was
thinking about testing, I know that border without its body works like panel
and shouldnt be used in such case.
I was writing about borders which have bodies, but during testing I was
interested in testing such borders with some 'stub' (ie empty) body.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Daniel Lipski <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.