Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2016/04/01 16:58:54 UTC

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC1

On 2016-04-01, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:

> You didn't include the checksums in the mail, but the svn revision
> 12931 matched.

Never did, can certainly do that in the future.

> My vote: -1 (Non-binding)

> Due to additional file commons-compress-1.11-SNAPSHOT.jar

Ouch. I have no idea how this has happened, I'm pretty sure I performed
a clean build. Will need to double check on the next attempt. I've
canceled the vote and will re-roll a new release candidate sometime
during the weekend. Thanks!

> 0 mvn apache-rat:rat fails (as the test excludes are only under
> <reporting> in pom.xml)

I don't think we expect anything else (i.e. other than that the report
works) in Commons land.

> 0 staging repository matches RC binaries - (but has spurious checksums
> like commons-compress-1.11-sources.jar.md5.sha1 )

This is Nexus blindly creating checksums for all files it sees. I've got
a flaky upstream so I avoid mvn deploy in favor of an upload bundle -
will need to ensure I don't include any checksums in that on the next
try.

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 4 April 2016 at 18:31, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So we have an RC2 coming? Just checking...

Huh?

It's not 'coming', it arrived two days ago ...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2016-04-04, Gary Gregory wrote:

> So we have an RC2 coming? Just checking...

The RC2 vote thread is still open for about 23 hours (you even responded
to it when we talked about deleting tags :-)

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com