Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/10/28 10:53:49 UTC

gbuild subproject?

What do you guys think about a gbuild subproject?

I'd really like at least a category in jira and at least a spot in
svn where we can check in scripts and docco.  We could move the
scripts directory I created months back into it and work on cleaning
and organizing this stuff.  I guess I'd really like to start
formalizing this thing so that when someone wants to throw a box in
the mix the standard answer could be something like check out these
things from svn, follow these instructions, send us your keys, etc.

I know there are non-geronimo specific facets (openejb, activemq
building code, etc) which could make it odd as a subproject.  But
those complexities are there in our build anyway and Geronimo is the
primary focus, so it might be better go keep things close to home.

Thoughts?

-David

Re: gbuild subproject?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On 10/28/2005 1:53 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> What do you guys think about a gbuild subproject?
>
> I'd really like at least a category in jira and at least a spot in
> svn where we can check in scripts and docco.  We could move the
> scripts directory I created months back into it and work on cleaning
> and organizing this stuff.  I guess I'd really like to start
> formalizing this thing so that when someone wants to throw a box in
> the mix the standard answer could be something like check out these
> things from svn, follow these instructions, send us your keys, etc.
>
> I know there are non-geronimo specific facets (openejb, activemq
> building code, etc) which could make it odd as a subproject.  But
> those complexities are there in our build anyway and Geronimo is the
> primary focus, so it might be better go keep things close to home.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -David

0

This strikes me as an infra thing.  It would be nice to offer this to
other projects as well.

Regards,
Alan

Re: gbuild subproject?

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

Re: gbuild subproject?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

Lets figure out how to manage these distributed builds and then help
other ASF projects take advantage of it.

-dain

Re: gbuild subproject?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1 excellent idea

david jencks

Re: gbuild subproject?

Posted by John Sisson <js...@apache.org>.
+1 Good idea

John

Re: gbuild subproject?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
David Blevins wrote:
> What do you guys think about a gbuild subproject?
>
> I'd really like at least a category in jira and at least a spot in  svn
> where we can check in scripts and docco.  We could move the  scripts
> directory I created months back into it and work on cleaning  and
> organizing this stuff.  I guess I'd really like to start  formalizing
> this thing so that when someone wants to throw a box in  the mix the
> standard answer could be something like check out these  things from
> svn, follow these instructions, send us your keys, etc.
>
> I know there are non-geronimo specific facets (openejb, activemq
> building code, etc) which could make it odd as a subproject.  But  those
> complexities are there in our build anyway and Geronimo is the  primary
> focus, so it might be better go keep things close to home.
>
> Thoughts?

+1. I wonder how much similarities it has (or will have) with Gump, but
we'll see it afterwards.

> -David

Jacek

Re: gbuild subproject?