Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by br...@thomsonreuters.com on 2009/07/09 20:21:07 UTC

[users@httpd] 32 bit module on 64 bit apache

Hi everyone,

I built and installed httpd 2.2 on a 64 bit system, and I now realize a
module I need to use is available only in a 32 bit binary. When I
attempt to start httpd, I get an error (Syntax error on line 427 of
~snip~/apache22/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
~snip~/mod_cog.so into server: ~snip~/mod_cog.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS32). When I comment out the LoadModule directive in httpd.conf,
httpd starts normally.

Do I have any options for running the 32 bit module under 64 bit httpd,
or do I need to install 32 bit httpd?

Thank you,
Brian Henk

Re: [users@httpd] 32 bit module on 64 bit apache

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM, <br...@thomsonreuters.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I built and installed httpd 2.2 on a 64 bit system, and I now realize a
> module I need to use is available only in a 32 bit binary. When I
> attempt to start httpd, I get an error (Syntax error on line 427 of
> ~snip~/apache22/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> ~snip~/mod_cog.so into server: ~snip~/mod_cog.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS32). When I comment out the LoadModule directive in httpd.conf,
> httpd starts normally.
>
> Do I have any options for running the 32 bit module under 64 bit httpd,
> or do I need to install 32 bit httpd?

You'll need a 32-bit httpd (or a 64-bit module)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com