Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Piyush Ghai <gh...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/17 00:20:30 UTC

MXNet Model Backwards Compatibility

Hello, everyone,

I have been working on introducing tests to check model compatibility and
sanity across different MXNet versions. The goal of the project was to
ensure that models trained on earlier versions of MXNet are backward
compatible with the latest release candidate version: they can be loaded by
latest RC and also are consistent with regards to the inference outputs.

I have designed and implemented first version of Model Backwards
Compatibility Checker and you can find more details about it in this cWiki
document
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Model+Backwards+Compatibility+Check>
.

I would like to invite more ideas/suggestions from the community on how can
we further improve and extend this project.

Best,
Piyush