Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Seifert Aleš <a....@appiangroup.cz> on 2005/03/09 21:29:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 memmory configuration

Hi,

I have little bit different question from those I found here.

We need to develop personal web application, which is running on every user computer (notebooks and so on).

So there will be only one user every time.

After installation A2 2.52 to users workstation as service, there are two apache.exe processes running on workstation.

First one uses about 12MB RAM (it changes from the time the server is running)

Second one uses about 30-90 MB RAM (it changes from the time the server is running)

We need to lower the RAM consumption, because it is about quart of the user's memory.

Could you suggest me how to set parameters in httpd.conf to minimize memory requirements?

I played with some parameters there, however the result was just little.

Is there any way how to run apache as service with only one process in windows?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ales Seifert

[users@httpd] Re: Apache2 memmory configuration

Posted by Shankar Unni <sh...@netscape.net>.
bvr@xs4all.nl wrote:

> Did you try..  MaxSpareServers ?

This is the Windows version we're talking about here (mpm_winnt).

Try tweaking these two:

ThreadsPerChild (mpm_winnt.c)
	Number of threads each child creates
	Allowed in *.conf only outside <Directory>, <Files> or
         <Location>
ThreadLimit (mpm_winnt.c)
	Maximum worker threads in a server for this run of Apache

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 memmory configuration

Posted by "bvr@xs4all.nl" <bv...@xs4all.nl>.
Did you try..  MaxSpareServers ?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/quickreference.html

bvr.

Posted by Noah <si...@onastick.net>.
On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:29:57PM +0100, Seifert Ale? wrote:

> We need to develop personal web application, which is running on every user computer (notebooks and so on).
>
> So there will be only one user every time.
>
> After installation A2 2.52 to users workstation as service, there are two apache.exe processes running on workstation.
>

> First one uses about 12MB RAM (it changes from the time the server is running)
> Second one uses about 30-90 MB RAM (it changes from the time the server is running)

My second suggestion would be to comment out any apache modules that
aren't needed.

My first suggestion would be to find out whether you actually need two
instances. =)

--n