Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kurt Bernhard Pruenner <le...@gmx.at> on 2000/12/07 20:32:17 UTC

Re: Is their a bug in Tomcat with the RequestDispatcher.forward(u rl) method?

Quenten Van Egeren wrote:
> Thanks for the replies, I knew that the forward did an
> internal redirect, I was just confused as to why
> Weblogic was doing it one way and Tomcat another.
>
> So the next question is :
> what is the easiest way to do  something like a
> response.sendRedirect() and still keep the request
> object intact?

Frankly, there isn't - response.sendRedirect instructs the browser to start a
new request and get a different page, so it works as if you were opening a new
browser window and loading that page; only session objects will live long
enough to get to that new page intact...

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
Music: http://www.mp3.com/Leak --- Work: http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at